Setting-up a test photoshoot is a great way to try out new ideas and hone your craft, but like many of my friends I still have models who don’t show up or come up with these lame excuses. It comes with the territory and you just have to laugh because they’re so ridiculous. So for today’s video I’ve compiled 10 of the lamest excuses that I’ve heard lately and maybe just maybe one of the models will watch this video and come up with better material next time.
So let’s just review them one at a time.
1. “I’ve been in a terrible accident” well this is sort of a variation of that a text came from a models phone to my photographer friend claiming after the shoot was scheduled to begin that the model was in a bad accident and this was the sister texting to let the photographer know that she wasn’t going to make it because she was in the hospital and had a concussion, yet she was well enough to tell the sister to text the photographer. Now that is dedication.
2. “My grandfather died” …again
3. “My mom is sick.” So this one actually happened to me about a month ago and here’s a screenshot of the Conversation you will notice that he asked me if he could reschedule at 2:52 . Then he expressed one hour and nine minutes later, only after I said I was booked for a few weeks, that he needs to get out to the suburbs because something is wrong with his mother. Hmmm, Sounds urgent. The stylist and I rolled our eyes and went to the taqueria.
4. “I Can’t make it because I have covid” but then he posted a photo later that day of himself on a plane.
5. One hour before the shoot they say they’re sick, but then the photographer saw them at a friends party that night. Awkward!
6. The model canceled because of quarantine my body isn’t ready, then the photographer saw them in a story post half naked shooting with someone else
7. So this next one happened to me earlier this year when I was doing a workshop. The model had flaked on me previously, so shame on me, but I thought I would give him another chance so I checked in with him early in the morning and no response. I I frantically had to hit up every model I knew to see if one of them could make it to my studio ASAP. Thankfully I found someone. But then he contacts me several hours later with “dude I’m so sorry I lost my phone last night and literally just got it back I’m super sorry I would never intentionally do this.” I might have believed him if it wasn’t the second time he no showed.
8.This one was received an hour after the shoot was supposed to begin. “I was on my way, but my dog got sick so I had to be with her.”
9. “I am dog sitting today, but can I bring the puppy?” The photographer responded “Yes but why are you asking me 45 min after your call time?’
10.This was sent to me by a friend.
First she confirms that she’ll be there at 9 o’clock and then at 9:19 she claims well I’m not coming I got pulled over and they’re towing my fucking car right now I guess I’m going to have to cancel our trip this weekend.
And she goes on to say, “I’m probably going to jail. I hit someone yesterday I have no insurance and now he’s telling me that my license was suspended because I had court for a ticket and it went to my exes address so I never knew about it and they suspended my license and now they’re towing my car so I can’t go this weekend and I probably won’t be modeling for a while. I need to get some stuff in order.
According to my friend GE Anderson! “If I were a god-fearing man, I’d be convinced I was cursed”
Anyway guys I hope that was entertaing for you as it was for me. Please share with us in the comments your horror story and well all laugh together.
Give me a thumbs up, subscribe, hit the bell and all that stuff.
And as always, call your mom, wear your mask and I will talk to you soon.
Check out my IG: https://www.instagram.com/johngressmedia/
Music: Evolution by Bensound http://bensound.com/